World’s Largest Online Hackathon’s grand finale will commence on August 1. Prime Minister Modi will address the grand finale through a video conference.
In the grand finale, around 10,000 students will compete to solve 243 problem statements.
This online hackathon is being organised by collectively by Ministry of Human Resources Development, All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), Persistent Systems and i4c
5 Points about World’s Largest Online Hackathon
1) In this Hackathon students are given problems in the digital sector, they have to suggest an innovative solution
2) It is a unique initiative to identify new and mind-boggling digital technology innovations for solving the challenges faced by our country.
3) Around 10,000 students will indulge to solve 243 problem statements from 37 central government departments, 17 state govt and 20 industries.
4) Each Problem Statement has a prize money of ₹1,00, 000.
5) The student innovation theme which will have 3 winners, first, second and third with prize money of Rs1,00,000, Rs75,000 and Rs50,000 respectively.